Name Derivation: Named after the area in which it is located.
Area and Location Description: Eden-Monaro covers an area of approximately 29,499 sq km from Queanbeyan to South Durras in the north, south to the Victorian border, extending to the southern and eastern borders of the Australian Capital Territory. The main towns include Adaminaby, Batemans Bay, Bega, Berridale, Bodalla, Bombala, Braidwood, Bungendore, Captains Flat, Cooma, Dalmeny, Delegate, Eden, Jindabyne, Merimbula, Moruya, Narooma, Queanbeyan, Sutton and Tathra.
Products/Industries of the Area: Timber industries, beef cattle, sheep and wool, dairy farming, dairy products and mixed farming. The Snowy Mountains hydroelectric scheme, snowfields and tourism are important industries for this division.
First Proclaimed/Election: 1900/1901
Demographic Rating: Rural
- Kelly, M (ALP) 2007-
- Nairn, G (LP) 1996-2007
- Snow, J H J (ALP) 1983-1996
- Sainsbury, M E (LP) 1975-1983
- Whan, R B (ALP) 1972-1975
- Fraser, A D (ALP) 1969-1972
- Munro, D R (LP) 1966-1969
- Fraser, A D (ALP) 1943-1966
- Perkins, J A (UAP) 1931-1943
- Cusack, J J (ALP) 1929-1931
- Perkins, J A (NAT) 1926-1929
- Chapman, A (PROT/LIB/NAT) 1901-1926